Skip to main content

EU to reveal no-deal plans

                       

Brexit: EU to reveal no-deal plans



The European Commission will publish its no-deal contingency plans on Wednesday - an attempt to mitigate the damage if the UK crashes out of the EU.
The proposals are designed to limit disruption in certain key areas, such as finance and transport, if Brexit goes ahead in March without a deal.
As PM Theresa May's proposed exit plan flounders, both sides are preparing for the worst-case scenario.
The UK has allocated £2bn ($2.5bn) in funding to government departments.

What are the European plans?

The European Commission will set out 14 bare-bones proposals, covering legislation that will aim to ensure some continuity.
The measures address eight sectors, taking in issues such as road transport and customs, and how flights can proceed between the UK and EU.
These areas also include data protection, animal health and plants, climate policy, key financial products and the rights of UK citizens living in the European Union.
Brussels says the arrangements will be strictly time-limited, lasting only for a few months and will be ended without any consultation with the UK.
Media captionWhat "no deal" Brexit will mean for Europe's largest port
BBC Europe editor Katya Adler says Brussels will be keen to point out that these proposals are not in the UK's favour.
They are to protect EU member states from the more catastrophic points of Brexit, if no deal is reached, our correspondent explains.

Why now?

The European Commission's initial guidance on the issue was published in November.
It committed to publishing its draft version by the end of 2018, allowing for eight weeks of consultation, as required by EU treaties.
The issue is heating up because Mrs May's proposed deal, which was agreed with the EU, has so far failed to gain the support from UK politicians, who will vote on it next month.
The deadline for leaving is now 100 days away.

 

Comments

TRENDING

Dozens of mourners 'killed by Boko Haram

Davido’s “Blow My Mind” Breaks Record, Hit 1 Million Views In 11 Hours!

Wondering something to Eat "Bacon Explosion"

Drinking Water Crisis in Rural Towns

How to cook Mushroom Soup

Dooms Day Clock Tells How close The World is To Bad Times

ELANGA SIGNS A 5years contract with Manchester United

What is happening in the suez canal? Suez Canal Is Blocked by Container Ship Causing Huge Traffic Jam

Popular posts from this blog

Dozens of mourners 'killed by Boko Haram

Dozens of mourners 'killed by Boko Haram' at a funeral in north Nigeria Share this with Facebook   Share this with WhatsApp   Share this with Messenger   Share this with Twitter   Share Image copyright AFP Image caption AFP journalists saw charred items and smouldering ashes after the attack At least 65 people have lost their lives after suspected Boko Haram militants opened fire on a funeral in Nigeria's north-eastern state of Borno. Gunmen arrived on motorcycles and in vans at the village near the state capital, Maiduguri, on Saturday, eyewitnesses say. A number of mourners were reportedly killed straight away, while others died trying to chase off the attackers. There has been an increase in Islamist attacks across the region. Local government official Muhammed Bulama said he thought the latest attack was in revenge for the killing of 11 Boko Haram fighters by the villagers two weeks ago. Agence France Presse journalist...

Davido’s “Blow My Mind” Breaks Record, Hit 1 Million Views In 11 Hours!

Davido’s “Blow My Mind” Breaks Record, Hit 1 Million Views In 11 Hours! DMW Boss, Davido has set a new record after his new visual “Blow my Mind” featuring Chris Brown hit 1 million views in 11 hours on Youtube “Blow My Mind” which was released last week Friday has been trending heavily among music fans since it dropped, contributing to the excitement and anticipation towards the release of the video. It would be the first time in the history of Nigerian entertainment, not just music alone that any content dropped by a Nigerian who plies his/her trade within the industry on YouTube would amass 1 million views within half-a-day. The previous biggest record is 1 million views in 24 hours which has been achieved by a few Nigerian music artiste. By skunty empire

Wondering something to Eat "Bacon Explosion"

How to cook Bacon Explosion This concoction and Internet sensation came to The Times from Jason Day and Aaron Chronister, who created it shortly before Christmas one year in Roeland Park, Kan. They modestly call it “the BBQ Sausage Recipe of all Recipes.” It contains at least 5,000 calories and 500 grams of fat, but you don’t have to eat it all at once. It is not for vegetarians, ascetics or the faint of heart — instead, consider it a delicious challenge to your abilities at the grill. RECIPES FOR BACON 2   pounds thick-cut sliced bacon 1 ½   pounds Italian sausage, casings removed 3   tablespoons barbecue rub ¾   cup barbecue sauce HOW TO COOK BACON  STEP 1 Using 10 slices of bacon, weave a square lattice like that on top of a pie: first, place 5 bacon slices side by side on a large sheet of aluminum foil, parallel to one another, sides touching. Place another strip of bacon on one end, perpendicular to the other strips. Fold first, third and fifth bacon strips...

Drinking Water Crisis in Rural Towns

Drinking water is essential for life, but many rural towns in the U.S. are struggling to provide safe and reliable water to their residents. For decades, these towns have neglected their drinking water systems, resulting in aging infrastructure, water quality violations, and financial challenges. In this blog post, we will explore some of the causes and consequences of this crisis, and what can be done to address it. Causes of the Crisis One of the main causes of the crisis is the shrinking population of many rural towns. As people move to urban areas or other states, the tax base and the customer base of the water systems decline. This means less revenue to cover the costs of operation, maintenance, and improvement of the water systems. According to a report by the American Bar Association³, in 2015, 9 percent of all water systems had a documented violation of water quality standards, exposing 21 million people to unhealthy drinking water. These violations were more likely to occur in...